Thursday 24 October 2013

Autumn Sunshine







I love autumn sunshine. It's a precious thing. Spring sunshine is a welcome relief, but you know in the back of your mind that there's plenty more to come. Summer sunshine is like autumn rain or winter snow - exactly what we should expect for the time of year (no comment on traditional British weather...). Winter sunshine is something different altogether - sharper, harder, piercing. But autumn sunshine is a treasure. It appears unexpectedly between grey, soggy days to set golden trees aglow and dapple the undergrowth with gentle auburn rays.

And I don't need to slather myself in factor 50 to enjoy being outside in it.

2 comments:

  1. You are correct, the light is somehow different in the Autumn... even here in Colorado where we have an abundance of sunny days. :-)

    Love your photos and blue sky. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Autumn's definitely my favourite. Boston in the fall is on my bucket list. I've only been to CO in the summertime and oh my! SOOOO much sunshine!

      Delete