Wednesday 27 February 2013

Hookery Cookery: Appley Attic Muffins

Not so long ago, Lucy at Attic24 posted a muffin recipe.

Well, I had everything in the cupboard, so I whipped up a quick batch. 'Twas very good!

Then I made a few substitutions and made a lemony batch.

Then a lemon and seedy batch.

Then an appley batch. And these were my favourite.

I don't think there have been two consecutive days here at The Hookery where the cake tin has been empty.  I've tweaked the appley version quite a bit and as it's my favourite, I thought I'd share. Before you go any further, go and check out the original post at Attic24.

The instructions are exactly the same, but the ingredients have been tweaked. You will need:

Dry ingredients

100g self raising flour
40g caster sugar
25g oats
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/2tsp baking powder
40g sultanas

Wet ingredients

60ml (4tbsp) milk
30 ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
1 egg

Also, one apple, grated. I've been using a royal gala apple and I grate the skin too using a fine grater (the smallest one on the grater, if you have a choice). You might want a little brown sugar to sprinkle on the top too.

Pre-heat the oven to 180 (gas mark 4)

Pop six muffin cases in a cake tin and you're set.

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.

Measure out the wet ingredients into a separate jug or bowl and beat together well.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir. Add the grated apple.

You should now have a slightly bumpy-looking mixture which is vaguely reminiscent of bircher muesli, like so:


Spoon it into the muffin cases, sprinkle a little brown sugar and bake for 25 mins.  You should then have something more like this:


Delicious. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to put the kettle on, there's a bun begging to be scoffed.

Eeeeeaaaatttt mmmeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment