Thursday 13 March 2014

Spring

There's no getting away from it, Spring has marched through the door here at The Hookery and announced itself in no uncertain terms. There are flowers in the garden, cats sunbathing in patches of warm sunlight and today I worked in the garden. Not gardening, no (alas). I sat at my laptop, doing my day job, out in the garden.


Cat #2 kept me company, as did a particularly fat bumblebee and a selection of birds on the feeders (who don't half make a mess of the flowers beneath!).


I am resigned to the fact that for (I think) the first time in my life, I have had a snow-less Winter. I have to admit, it feels strange. Everything seems slightly out of kilter and a bit like we've skipped ahead a month or two, or like Autumn has lasted for the longest time ever.


Still, it's hard not to get that tingle of excitement when the shops are full of daffodils and tulips, and there are scruffy, fluffy bluetits swooping to and fro.

No comments:

Post a Comment