Friday 8 February 2013

The Glencoe Scarf

You may remember that bit of knitting I started.  You know, this one:


As it's grown, I have been casting about for a purpose for it and it looks like it is destined to become a scarf. I know. How original.


When I ran out of white, I added orange. I didn't think about it, it was just what I grabbed out of the yarn basket. Next to the orange was a ball of purple and a ball of sage green. For a while now, I've been thinking about how these three colours remind me of Scotland, in particular Glencoe.


We were there in the Autumn and it is one of my favourite places in the world. Knowing this, and knowing that I like a good jigsaw, The Beloved gave me this for Christmas:


See what I mean about the mix of purple and green and orange?  So that's what will be going into the scarf.


I'm looking forward to wearing it next time we're there.

2 comments:

  1. I like the colors together. A scarf while maybe not original is very much needed.

    ReplyDelete