Saturday 3 November 2012

Gloves

When I moved house back in June, I put everything that wasn't in daily use into storage in The Beloved's spare room. Having done so, I now can't really remember what exactly is in what bag or what treasures might lurk in the various boxes. So when I realised on the day before we left for Scotland that I had no gloves in the cottage, I had three choices:
  1. Use oven gloves. Not really the look I was going for.
  2. Spend hours shifting boxes and bags in The Beloved's spare room and then digging through them all (and hoping that I had put two of the same gloves in the same box)
  3. Make a pair...
Ta-daaa!


They're made from some superwash merino I had kicking around and they're jolly snug. Despite only being handwarmers and therefore fingerless, they really did the job. I was a bit tired by the time I actually at down to make them, so there are a couple of rows in the shaping which I think I'd like the chance to re-do, but on the whole I'm very pleased with them. They look a bit blue in the picture, but they're a nice charcoal grey in real life.


Being fingerless, I can type whilst wearing them, which has been dead handy this last week as the heating has been a bit slow to come on at the day job!



No comments:

Post a Comment