Saturday 18 February 2012

A most delightful addition

As you know, I like tins.  Not so long ago, it was my birthday and I got possibly the best tin ever from my mother.  I should explain a little bit first...

I was born and raised in Harrogate.

I could happily eat my own bodyweight in fruitcake.

Betty's is my favourite place for tea and cake (preferably a fat rascal).

All of which makes this the most perfect birthday present...


The cake has long-since been devoured, but it was iced (like a Christmas cake, with a layer of marzipan too) and had 'Happy Birthday' piped across the top of it.  It was also utterly delicious.

One of the most endearing things about Betty's is that they make everything by hand and whilst there are tearooms dotted around Yorkshire, they are all within driving distance of their bakery in Harrogate.  It does make me a little sad that there'll never be a Betty's down here in London but thankfully, they do mail order!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you to own such a tin...but even luckier to have savoured the inside. We visit 'The Crown'in Harrogate quite regularly, which is of course only a stroll away from Betty's...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often seem to find myself in the The Yorkshire, conveniently located over the road from Betty's!

    ReplyDelete