Thursday 20 May 2010

Tins

I like tins.  I them a lot.  There is nothing so pleasing to me as 'a useful tin to put things in'.  Here's a few of my collection...


Let me introduce you...


This goes on my porridge every morning in the winter.  I love golden syrup (which in our house is always called treacle).  There's a black treacle tin in there too, but that's only for making parkin, so I don't get through as much of that.  Next to the 'treacle' tins, we have...


...my all-time favourite tea.  I love it.  I discovered it while in France, staying with a friend of my Mum's.  I've never seen it here, but everytime I go to France I stock up.  It's got a really nice citrus-y flavour which just smells divine.  Mmmm....

Anyway, next up is this little lovely....


This little tin is a symbol of home.  it's not that long ago that I moved from my hometown of Harrogate.  In fact, the Harrogate upbringing might answer for the number of tea caddies in the collection...

Anyway, this is just a teeny insight into my obsessive compulsive tin hoarding.  It's gotten to the point where people now buy me tins as presents.  Those three matching round ones, they were a present from The Beloved and some of the smaller ones next to the toffee tin were a birthday present from a friend.  Of course, this doesn't cover the biscuit tins, cake tins and also jars, tubs, whiskey bottle boxey-tinny things, pots and bowls.  I'm a sucker for a nice bowl.

I seem to have more storage than I have things to store...

3 comments:

  1. I Love your tins, my husband gave me a tin of harrogate toffee for our tin wedding aniversary!
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how lovely! Sadly, the toffee in mine is long gone. It houses needles and spools for the sewing machine now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just seen this - I also collect tins! :D

    ReplyDelete