Sunday 20 July 2014

Out of Season

I know it's typically British to talk/complain about the weather, but I am a Brit, so for those of you reading this on distant shores, bear with me.

Oh my giddy aunt it's HOT!

Sweltering hot. And the storms! I seem to have woken up to lightning more times than not in the last week.

Being a pale-skinned northerner, I am suffering somewhat. The regular slathering-on of factor 50 means that I have trouble gripping my gin and tonic in my suncreamed hands and if I walk anywhere, I have to flit, ninja-like, from one shady patch to another. Is it any wonder I am in denial? The only suitable place for me to be from now until circa mid-September is in a giant freezer, so this last week I've been indulging in a spot of out-of-season snowboarding at the Snozone in Milton Keynes. I had this last week off and can wholly recommend first thing Monday morning for a quiet zoom down near-deserted pistes with no lift queues. Oh, and an ambient temperature of -5. Hurrah!


My crochet is also in firm denial. Normally at this time of the year I am making small things: baubles, appliques, cards, things that you can make in a jiffy between scoffing ice lollies. Not this year.

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know I've become a tad obsessed with the v-stitch (check out Le Monde de Sucrette's vintage blanket!). Consequently, the only thing coming off my hook at the moment is snoods. I made one for me...


...and liked it so much, I decided to add a couple to the shop...



...because that's just what people are shopping for in 30 degree heat: snoods!

*sigh*


2 comments:

  1. Love the V stitch - really will have to give it a go. I have an idea for a baby blanket....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sun lover, but I have to say this heavy heat has even got to me this week. We haven't had any storms yet, one or two cloud bursts but nothing like some of the horrors seen down south. However I don't think I'll be rushing off to find snow, just a large white wine spritzer with ice I think.

    ReplyDelete