Thursday 9 January 2014

Granny blanky

For the Christmas/NY break, I wanted a big project to sink my teeth into. I didn't really know what I wanted to make, so I thought I'd rummage through the collection of Unfinished Things. Despite there being lots and lots to choose from (some have been languishing for over a year...), it was this which pricked the imagination.


This teeny-tiny granny square. I have no idea why I made it, but there it is. I'd even sewn in the ends. It was probably the lack of ends that decided me. Before I knew it, I was rootling about for more yarn.  I decided to try reduce the size of the basket-of-half-balls by pulling out all the blue-y green-y shades of DK. Turns out, I had quite a few...



And then I got stuck in...



Currently, it's just at that stage where it starts to feel like a blanket, i.e. you can sit under it while you work. 





I'll keep you posted - I'm pretty determined that this should not end up rejoining the pile of Unfinished Things!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I feel something similar coming on and I am trying to resist the urge until I finish a large wip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! You seem to be motoring along with it too. I'm trying to work out what to do with all my scraps right now..mainly because I really want to buy more yarn and hubby says I can't until I get rid of some of 'the other stuff.' He just doesn't understand!!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete