Saturday 4 May 2013

Waking up

Yawn!

Gosh, I feel like I've been asleep for a long, long time. It was very much needed though, this little snoozy break. Tying up a few loose ends at the day job and clearing the decks so that I could catch up with myself.


This last couple of days, it feels like I've finally woken up. Not just opened my eyes every morning, but thrown off that grey, worn-at-the-edges, perma-tiredness of a winter which outstayed its welcome and properly woken up. Much like the garden.


Instead of hopeful little green shoots, there's full-blown colour bursting forth. Blossom is on the trees, the swallows are back, there are bees buzzing and even butterflies flexing their wings in the sunshine. I saw an orange tip the other day. I've never seen one before - the butterflies from my childhood were all either red admirals, painted ladies or common blues. Alas, it fluttered off before I had a chance to grab my camera.


These little white flowers (alyssa?) have started to appear in one of my hanging baskets. They're such tiny flowers, but their scent is heavenly. They smell like honey. I can't wait for them all to bloom.

And of course, there has been crochet. Just a little bit.  Nothing too taxing.


More on that anon...

1 comment:

  1. I too found myself slipping and wanting to throw the covers over my head until spring arrived as it was taking too long. Things are starting too bloom here as well and with the warmer days and new life spring forth outside I find I have much more energy now.

    ReplyDelete