Saturday 29 October 2011

Blanky

It's been a while, but I promise, I've been fairly busy with the hooks.  Admittedly, not all of it crochet for the shops, I recently finished this, for me:


I started it aaages ago, back when the dissertation was still on the menu.  It's funny to look at the first few rounds and remember what life was like then.  It's a very simple pattern, two colours, three rows of each, then change.



I should have kept count of the yarn, but I didn't.  As it weighs about a kilo, I reckon there are about 20 balls of yarn there.  It was a relaxed project, just something to pick up in the evening and do in front of the telly.  As the evenings got colder, I found I could snuggle under it while I worked on it.  The guage is quite loose (most of it was crocheted without actually looking at it), so it has a lovely drape.  I'm liking it's beachy shades of sand and pale blue.  I reckon it will be a year-round blanky.

I'm also working on another blanky for Eidelweiss.  Here's a sneak peek:



So, what're you working on?

2 comments:

  1. Well since you asked - I've just finished making a wee crochet basket with garden twine! Thinking it will make a good present for my Dad and his shed! Love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - I bet a garden twine basket will look just the part in a garden shed!

    ReplyDelete