Friday 19 November 2010

International tea cosy project

I don't like cold teapots, they make me sad.  So when a friend said he'd bought a new teapot for his desk at work and it needed a hat, I was happy to help.  It's worth mentioning that this teapot is actually on a desk in Switzerland.  I was therefore making a cosy for a teapot I had never met (and probably never would).  Happily, said friend is an engineer, so when I asked him for a few basic measurements, he replied with this...



And the finished product?  This...

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!! I would buy a teapot just so I could have a tea cosie like that!
    :)
    Ali
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cosy! My mum is knitting me a Noro jumper so maybe I should do the measurements like that on a photo of me (she lives in the Channel isle)
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comments. I have to say, I nearly fell off my seat laughing when I first got the photo - all I'd asked is 'how big is it?'

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the answer is "It's exactly those dimensions".

    ReplyDelete