Thursday 13 December 2012

Frosty

We've been having some amazing hoar frosts here of late. 


Everything has a crisp white edging...


And dainty details are heavily outlined...


Outside, the air is crisp and fresh and full of the sound of chunks of frost melting in the Winter sun and falling on the path.


Indoors, it's toasty and warm and Cat #2 keeps knocking the Christmas cards off the windowsill as he stares down the robin in the garden. In The Bleak Midwinter is on the radio. It's my favourite carol and it feels very appropriate. What's your favourite carol?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favourite carol? "O come all ye faithful", final verse with all the stops out on the organ, rattling the building to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's a good 'un. I do like a carol I can wail along to and have my out-of-tune warbling masked by the organ :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm, no matter what I do I'm always unknown. Nick!

    ReplyDelete